Monday 31 March 2008

The Perils of Pedantry

I Attended a training course for work today. It wasn't too bad as far as courses go. It was in aid of the forthcoming introduction of a new data management system, so it involved a lot of practical work, i.e. spackering about with a mouse and clicking on drop down file options.

Not exactly rocket science, but nor was it a slumber inducing snore-fest, theory laden kind of day. As an added bonus, we were finished by 3pm and they're concerned we may be finished by lunchtime tomorrow. I’m concerned too, as this would then mean returning to “proper” work. Boo!

In other news. Arriving home early due to the aforementioned, I was greeted in my facebook mail account with the following:

Dont bother taking the pee out of the way I spell 'definately', people have enough in life to worry about than some random taking the piss. Hope ypu grow up soon!


I’ve much to say on this subject and may do so elsewhere. This was in response to a status update I had submitted "Definitely is spelled definitely, not definately, when will you people ever lurn?"

I’ll have to be careful with my flippancy in future I fancy.

1 comment:

Freakosaurus said...

Come on then spill the beans, who got all huffy with you on fb?

Well if you have to go back to work early tomorrow you'll know it's you're karmic punishment for being so terribly, awfully cruel about some sensitive souls spelling. If this comes about I suggest you flog yourself with barbed wire for at least half an hour.
xx