Monday 11 June 2007

There's More Than One Way to Spin a Rabbit

Pfffooooh ye bugger!

On my tremendously short commute home this evening, I was belting along quite happily at a wonderfully unhindered 65 miles per hour. Driving bliss.

Up ahead, I noticed a piece of debris lying a quarter of the way across my side of the road. What was it? A chunk of wood? A rock? An abandoned artificial limb?

Due to the speed I was travelling the mysterious object's mysterism was very quickly demystified. It was the tiniest, cutest biggest eyesest lump o' vermin I ever did set my eyes upon whilst travelling at 65 miles per hour.

It wasn't dead, in fact, it was even very nearly dead, so much so it was very clearly full of life but also quite clearly stupid with it. As a car was speeding towards me in the opposite direction, there was no chance of attempting to swerve past the little varmint, and so, I had little choice but to grip the steering wheel, grit my teeth and cling to the hope that I was not about to crush bugs junior with my rubber burning, wheels o' fury.

It was a tense couple of seconds. Images of a bursting, blood spattering bunny, crushed under the pressure of my tyres raced through my mind's eye. For a split second, I couldn't bring myself to check the rearview mirror but morbid fascination always wins out.

There, displayed in the mirror remained a fully intact baby rabbit, only he had been flipped and was now facing in the opposite direction.

An almighty sigh was duly released.

4 comments:

Freakosaurus said...

Awww! I bet as soon as you got round the corner, someone else squashed the little blighter flat.... aww!

The Blogtometrist said...

That's what I reckon may well have happened.

Perhaps it was suicidal.

Freakosaurus said...

Maybe it used myspace once too often *chuckles*

Dougal said...

Stunt Rabbit, here to save the world!