Wednesday 2 April 2008

Beer Today (?) Gone Tomorrow ?

Well, I have happened to stumble upon a flash drive and have decided that I will be able to put this to good use and avert a repeat of the problems that stopped my regular blogitudinalism last year. I can now cobble random strains of thought together at work on my lunch hour again, without the need to e-mail words back and forth. Huzzah!

As I type this, I am rather concerned. I am on the precipice of a personal tragedy of admittedly meagre proportions. Tonight, the opening night of the Newcastle Beer Festival may be the first time in five years that I do not attend.

It’s become somewhat of a tradition, certainly, my friend Neil and I have made every year without fail. Not so this year as he is unable to get the recovery time off from work tomorrow. I am in two minds as to whether to go or not.

It certainly won’t be much fun going on my own and if I don’t, I will be able to go for the whole afternoon tomorrow, arm myself with a newspaper and spend the day getting idly pished.

There’s always a silver lining eh?

No comments: