Thursday 3 April 2008

Carrying On Regardless

Well, last night, after having got home, I quickly uploaded and posted yesterday's effort typed at work and made a drop of the hat decision to go to the Beer Festival as a solo imbibementationalist. Despite my distinct lack of an accomplice in alcoholism I decided I was unable to break with tradition and so resolved to put in an appearance on festival opening night.

More to follow... the missus wants me to go and watch Dorchwood, whatever that is!

Right, where was I? Oh yes, the Beer Festival. This will take more than 200 words... ahem.

Arriving at Kings Walk I was surprised to actually have to stand in a queue for the first time I can recall on opening night. Sadly, the queue displayed a disappointing lack of cardigan bedecked, bearded, burly blokes. What's happening to the traditional Beer Festival attendees? Well, I suppose they're starting to become a bit more like me... average. Never mind, upon entering the University dungeon it was plain to see an increased 'tash count, so although it seems that facial topiary is on the wane, it is in certain circumstances merely being reduced.

This year was the first one to be held since the introduction of the nationwide indoor smoking ban. as a consequence of this, one of the first things to hit me (olfactorially speaking) was the unveiled and undeniable man muskiness, a pungent swell of men less well kept than your average modern-day metrosexual.

Aaaarrgghhh... yet more interruptions! I will get back to this soon.

1 comment:

Freakosaurus said...

Uggh it's Torchwood ffs!

But however I'm sorry for your solo alcoholism, if I was there I would go, I could just watch you drink and I could drool. Just fly solo fella it'll be fun anyway.