Thursday 10 April 2008

An Hairxperiment

Bless my greasy heed! Seven days in and still not the faintest drop of shampoo has touched my scalp. What’s that? “Scruff!” I hear you cry? Well that’s as well as may be and you’re entitled to your opinions, but I reserve the right to conduct hairxperiments under my own steam.

I’m sure you’ve heard that your hair can wash itself. I recently heard an enthusiastic strumpet ruminating on the merits of (self washing hair) on the radio. This plucked at my intrigue glands, being an armchair eco-warrior I figured I could enjoy saving the planet whilst simultaneously neglecting my follicles.

Last Thursday I purposely had my barnet sharpened. I figured that the shorter my hair, the less conspicuous my lank locks would appear. So far this has proved successful. Currently my hair looks like it has simply been adorned with hair slap. I suspect eventually, I may begin lying to people and stating that I’ve started using Brylcreem as a means to excuse the greasiness of my bonce.

I must now try to hold my resolve and not wash it for a further 35 days to see the results. Hopefully I will avoid attracting a small swarm of flies.

2 comments:

Freakosaurus said...

That's exactly what I was going to say "do you know how long it takes?!"

Forgive me my old son but that's what we Scots like to call clarty! I've known a lot of folks wot dreads and all that and I don't believe for a second hair cleans itself, I just think it gets to a stage where it doesn't get any dirtier lol.

Eww I bet your pillow smells like hair..... arrrrrgh! ha ha ha ha!

The Blogtometrist said...

I haven't heard, or indeed read the word clarty for ages. Well, I'm not looking to grow my hair long so hopefully it's shortness will be the key to my success of not washing for six weeks.

I doubt whether I'll really be able to do it or not, but I'm eight days in now, and that's definitely the longest I've ever gone without shampoo.

I'm still washing the rest of myself by the way.

I've just had a quick sniff of my pillow and it smells a little like how my Granda's used to. So it looks like I'm a greasy chip off the old block there then.

There are as yet, no apparent stains.